Jun 27, 2010

Yummy. Pretty. Refreshing.


I love summer! I just love the way the sun stays out until after nine. I love the fresh squeezed lemonade. And the abundant deals on fruit and veggies. I love being able to open all the windows first thing in the morning, and let in the freshness of a new day. I love falling asleep every night with the ceiling fan going. I love camping. Roasting marshmallows over the fire, even though it's pure sugar, or pure who knows what. I could go on and on about what I love about summer....
But these would be my favorites today. 





Hydrangeas

These grow right on the CBC campus so I had to ask my boss if I could take some home. Little did she know, these are my absolute favorite! When I was busy wedding planning, these were the only things that I continued to want used. I would change my mind about this, and that. But these would always stay on the priority list. Having them on my kitchen table just makes me so happy. I love taking a moment to look at how beautiful they are.

 
Cherry Apple Crisp

I had a can of cherry pie filling that I had been wanting to use, and there were a couple apples in the fridge, so this recipe worked great! I can't remember where I found it, but it was online, so just type it in the search engine and you will find it. I should really write these things down so that I can make them again, especially when it's a great recipe! 


Cheesy Rolls

I can't tell you where you've had them, or where I even got the recipe because it's a yummy one I have taken from my Mom and it's become our little secret:) But they are good all right! I made them to go along with out good old midwest meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and fresh organic corn (from Costco might I add:)

Well, today I felt like a lighter post. I wanted to share with you some things that bring joy to my heart. Of course, some yummy home cooking will be on that list. Yet, the flowers are pretty high up there, for they remind me of the love God has for me. 

Yep:)

 Jason and I have enjoyed such a refreshing Sunday. It sure was a sabbath! We spent some incredible time with the Lord this morning, and then of course I got the itch to bake. We had been given a huge amount of rasberries from some wonderful friends, so I just had to use them;) I decided I would make some muffins, so that Jason could take them to work, and then some banana bread for me. Jason is allergic to bananas, so I just have to eat it all by myself over the next little while. Bummer:) 

Be blessed as you enjoy the rest of your Sunday, and start your week all over again. Tomorrow, before you start the day, read one Proverb. I've found that to be incredibly encouraging and motivating as I get going on my day. 

Tomorrow, I'm going for a run with a friend that is going to push me. For those of you that know me, know I love to exercise and be active. Yet when it comes to running, I don't enjoy it. She's going to HELP me or MAKE me enjoy it more. It's the one thing I ignore in the world of exercise, unless it's on a tredmill with the tv going. I'll have to update you on my journey of WANTING to enjoy running:)

Britt





No comments: