Jun 15, 2010

God's Will and the Fear that Goes Along with it....

My goodness I feel humbled right now.
This morning I met with a wonderful girl that is also passionate about helping girls see the truth in their real beauty, and it was such a blessing to see how God has brought her into my life at such a time as this.

Yet it got me thinking....

Am I really equipped to making this dream...vision...The Beautiful Truth...happen?

I cannot help but think about how Moses truly must have felt. Here I am, with such a desire to do just this, and I know that I can! Well, usually I know that I can do it, but right now....I'm unsure.

Jesus has clearly called me to live according to his will. He calls us all to listen to Him, and allow Him to guide our steps. A while back I was reading through a devotional that I had read in high school. I was challenged by a blog that Bethany Dillon had posted on My Upmost for His Highest. I was reminded that I needed to pick up that book again and add that to my weekly time spent with the Lord. (Thanks Bethany! )

This is what hit me the hardest about living in God's Will.
"Look to Jesus and you will find that your will and your conscience are in agreement with Him everytime."

"With focused attention and great care, you have to "WORK OUT" what God "WORKS IN" you---not work to accomplish or earn "your own salvation," but work it out so you will exhibit the evidence of a life based with determined, unshakable faith on the complete and perfect redemption of the Lord. As you do this, you do not bring an opposing will up against God's will---God's will IS your will. 


God not only expects me to do His will, but He is IN ME TO DO IT." 


Wow.
I am sure seeing the evidence of that right now.

I'm working at a job that not everyone would rush to do. I'm in a place where often Jason and I feel that we are just going about life...waking up everyday...doing the same thing...without reasons other than...it's life. And that's normal. This happens some days.

Yet as I was driving home from the wonderful and encouraging coffee meeting with my friend Michelle today, I was reminded if a few things.

I AM IN GODS WILL.

I can feel it so strongly right now. I am doing what I am supposed to be doing even though at times I really have to push myself. Being in God's will doesn't automatically mean life gets easier, or smoother, or even more enjoyable. I would say I have felt such joy, peace, and excitement in the last few months that I haven't felt before. But I am still struggling at times.

Yet, I AM IN GODS WILL.

Because, "God not only expects me to do His will, but He is in me to do it."

Humbled. Scared. Fearful. Doubt that I am even equipped to do this thing that I believe God has put on my heart. This is how I feel right now.

And I am so thankful.

I never want to get to a place where I am cocky and think I can conquer the world. Because I can't. I am a servant of the Lord and He is doing His work in and through me. I want it to stay that way for the rest of my life. I want Him to be the reason I wake up every morning (other than the alarm clock:)

So I woke up this morning with such a strong desire to get on my hands and knees and pray to the Lord. This isn't something I do very often. Yet lately, it's something that reminds me to lay all my worries, cares, fears, and questions at the feet of my God. He's in control of my life, and more than ever, I need to be drawing closer to Him and focusing my heart and life on Him.

Why?

Because he gives me joy. He gives me peace. He helps me get through the difficult times. He fills my life with blessings. He brought me an amazing man of God to spend the rest of my life with. He reminds me everyday how wonderful my family is. He is the one that is calling me to live a certain way, treat people a certain way, be a Godly wife. So I need His help every single day in order to do these things.

I'm just very humbled right now.

Am I really the one you want to do this God?

Be at peace knowing that as you focus your eyes on Jesus, you are living in His will today.

Britt

No comments: