May 15, 2010

A Must for a Me Day

Quite the amount of updates we are getting from me today. Three? I know I know...but really I have been meaning to blog about these things for a while now, at least a few days, and was making the time now to sit down and write.

I've noticed how wonderful life is today. I've got a great job for the summer. A wonderful husband to wake up to every morning. The ability to exercise, clean my house, cook food, and enjoy it the whole time. The last three weeks have been busy busy busy. There was graduation, then vacation with our brother and sister in law. Then catch up time on cleaning and groceries. There was a wedding last weekend in Seattle, and all the leads into that ceremony. Then a big birthday bash for Jason's Grandpa Sunday, and a full week of work starting Monday. While all of these things are truly enjoyable and a blessing for Jason and I both, I find the need to just be. Jason and I work differently in some way, suprising I know;) But for me, when I'm tired of going going going, I like to take a day to be in my pj's, clean, write, read, and nap. Jason on the other hand, likes to spend that time with some of his buddies that he doesn't see all too often. So that's when we say, let's do our own thing tomorrow. Jason, you go have a blast with the guys, and I'll have a day to myself. I love it. Absolutely love it. Sometimes I add a little coffee date in there. But today, is a day for me. A few posts ago I had said something on their about having a me day, and that was really only about a week and a half ago. But when things get really busy and we're out with family, friends, and the busyness of life, I find that I need that time alone to just be.

So what's on the agenda for a me day?
    Cleaning.
       Nap.
          Make Jason's rice crispy bars ( he will love having those for work this week)
             Work out.
                 Spend time with my God.
                    Make something yummy for dinner, most likely soup and a sandwhich.
                     
I'm a simple girl when it comes to food sometimes.


I challenge you to take a "Me Day" sometime in the near future. It might be going for a hike or bike ride, sleeping all day, scrapbooking, working in the yard(like my Dad) or being with the people that you love.

Me Days can be so relaxing, uplifting, and refreshing.

Love from the newlywed.

3 comments:

Erik and Mary said...

Britt,
I know that at this point in your life Mary and I have little influence in your life and this may mean little to you but I wanted to tell you that I'm so proud of you...
You are someone after God's heart and He is proud of you! So are we!

Erik

Brittany Cavanaugh said...

Thanks Erik! That truly means so much to hear. You both have played a huge part in my life and my coming to a better and deeper relationship with God. I will always be thankful for that. So hearing this from you means the world. Thank you:) It's a blessing to be able to keep in touch through blog/online since we are far apart nowdays...I have loved watching God write your lifestory:)

Erik and Mary said...

I love your "me" day idea! Great thinking girl! You will be a better wife and person because of it! Those days are hard to make once kids are in the picture, but the challenge is a good one, I may just have to adjust the idea.
I of course couldn't say what Erik already said to you enough! You're an amazing woman of God and Jason is ONE lucky guy! Love and miss you

Mary