Dec 2, 2006

Starbucks...Mocha's...and life

For some reason I have so much I have to say today as I sit here in Starbucks. I have SO much on my mind but I can't seem to get it out in words. The past few days have been challenging yet a really good learning experience. As I am now in college, there is so much that happens on a day to day basis. It's crazy to see how one day you feel a certain way about someone or something, and then the next it's a completely different story. I apologize for the extreme randomness in this blog, but I need to get all of these thoughts out into words.

*Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverence must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

That verse has meant so much to me lately. The certain trial that I have been going through was wearing on me yesterday to the point where I slept the majority of the day and didn't get anything done that I needed to. Thankfully I was able to sort things out with a certain friend that I was having confusion with and everything has done a 180 degree turn. My attitude flipped immediately after things were figured out last night. It's incredibly encouraging to see the way God works in my life. When I got home last night I just sat down in my comfy green chair and just thought...and thought...and thought...I was reminded of the verse in James and could feel the Lords presence and comfort. I was filled with joy and excitement for my future and whoever the Lord has for me.(as in my future husband) Sometimes I becoming so impatient...I want to "grow up" and do what it is the Lord wants me to do RIGHT NOW. I want to be completely in the ministry RIGHT NOW...I want to be married RIGHT NOW...I want to be involved with leading worship somewhere RIGHT NOW...I want to be speaking to young girls about purity RIGHT NOW...I want to be writing my book RIGHT NOW. See how impatient I am:-) But as I sit here and ponder over this verse I am reminded that all the trials I am going through right now are developing me into the woman of God I am supposed to be. All these things will be written in my book and will bless someone's life down along the line.

I'm sure none of this makes sense but it's just a bunch of my thoughts jumbled together that I needed to get out into words. The Lord is doing amazing things in my life right now and he's definately teaching me patients. I need to surrender my all to Him before he is able to work in my like the way he plans to. So if you will, be in prayer for that. God is so good...
Much Love

4 comments:

jeffnbecky said...

Hey Britt. I hear ya on all that RIGHT NOW stuff (well, besides finding a husband). There are times where I go crazy inside because I wish I was out doing rather than just learning. I guess that's why I'm so excited for this summer...to get the chance to do...to put into practice all that I've been learning. As frusterating as it can get, this is a much needed time. God keeps reminding me of this. No mater how "grown up" we think we are or want to be, God can always grow us some more. I think the college expereince (especially in the Bible College setting) is a great time for growth. Even more than the knowledge, it's a time for God to mature our faith. Well, here's a novel for you to read. I love you Brittany and know that I am praying for ya. Talk with you soon. much love becky

The Swartys said...

Hey girl, wow that is nuts good to see you finally in the mix and yes you rock. Hey good words, take care and will write more later for ya. Will do my best to keep up on your life. ours blog is on becky's as well. Later girl
the swartys

SKim said...

Hey, I'm like a month behind but what the heck - I'll put in my two cents too.

We live in a society that conditions people for instant gratification. The media bombards us everyday, trying to convince us that we need this specially treated ultra-super-duper 50 ply mega facial tissue, 'cause your regular Kleenex isn't good enough, and you need this right now 'cause you're gonna die if you don't blow your nose next time with the new facial tissue.

OK, I admit it's random, but you get the idea.

God's not so intereted in seeing us being productive as much as He's interested in seeing us being fruitful. And being fruitful isn't really restricted by time.

Productivity vs. fruitfulness...

in a society where one is worth what he/she produces...

Hmm...

jeffnbecky said...

Britt. Where are the updates on your sweet life? I wanna know what's going on. What cool friends you got to see over break...all that good stuff :) Talk with you soon my love. much love becky