Aug 9, 2012

More Lost than Found


More Lost than Found was an interesting read. In some ways it was a little difficult to get into, but that’s because I’m not one to read a whole lot of self help books anymore. I have 4 years of Bible College to blame for that one. The overriding theme of this book was filled with helpful information in relation to my generation and how they respond to Christianity now days. It helped me understand why I’ve had so many conversations with friends about how they don’t see the need to go to church, spend time with God, and not do certain things. The author makes a few statements that do affirm the fact that many of our young adults sitting in the pews each Sunday are actually more lost than they are found. And even more are leaving the church they have spent so much of their life in. He brings clarity as well as direction in how to encourage and lead them in the right direction.  If you find yourself wondering why there are such a smaller amount of young adults in your church, this book might help give you some insight. The author does explain that it’s not always the church’s fault that they have left. Rather, they are being strongly influenced by the world we live in. I would encourage you to read this book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! This blog post could not be written any better!

Reading through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!

He continually kept talking about this. I am going to send
this information to him. Fairly certain he's going to have a very good read. Thanks for sharing!

My weblog :: 71757