Nov 22, 2010

It Has Only Begun

Friday night was incredible.

Why? I mean it was only a sweet little hymn sing in this cute coffee shop here in Abbotsford that only about 10 people showed up to.

It was incredible because I was able to experience support for The Beautiful Truth, from more than just my close friends and family that of course are obligated to believe in all that I do(wink wink)

As Friday night came near I was worried, for I knew that not too many people knew what The Beautiful Truth was, nor were able to make it out for the Hymn Sing Fundraiser.  Yet, I didn't allow this to bring me down, for it's only the beginning! This is the first time I was given the opportunity to tell people about this ministry, which is such an exciting thing! I look forward to looking back on this night, and remembering how neat it was to be able to tell those 10 people about the passion that the Lord has put on my heart. I was able to share a bit of my own personal journey in finding God's truth about how beautiful I am.

And I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Being able to speak about what has been burning so deep within my heart for a long time now, gave me hope for whatever is to come in the future!

I mean everyone has to start somewhere right?

So, here's what I took from this night.

-I will write down the amount of money that was raised, and keep it somewhere that I will forever be able to look back on.
-I felt God's hand holding me
-I was reminded that God brings the right people at the right time.
-Having my husband by my side, believing in me and supporting me was such a comforting thing.
-I knew that if this coffee shop was just a bit closer, my family would have been there, smiling from ear to ear, reminding me of their support
-I experienced a taste of what it is like being able to hear someone else's personal story, and being able to encourage them even though they filled me with more encouragement and hope than they could even imagine.
-I even bought my own Apple Cider to support The Beautiful Truth and had to laugh a little bit in that moment...
-I was filled with such energy just being able to speak about the incredible things that God has done in my life.
-I may have come away from this night having been impacted by it more than any other person in the room and I am thankful for that.

God has filled me with hope for the future, and joy for what is going on right now. I am just so thankful for all that is to come in January when The Beautiful Truth is officially launched on the CBC campus!

Praise God!

That's absolutely ALL I can say...

Praise God!

Britt:)

No comments: